L'Hirondelle - Terms and Conditions
A deposit of 10% or £150 will be asked for to secure your booking.
These will be dealt with on a first come first served basis.
The balance will be required 6 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday. And in addition to this we will ask for a security/ breakage deposit of £150 will be asked for.
Clients will be asked to leave our house clean and in a good state of repair - any additional costs we incur may result in a reduction in the security deposit being returned.
Other costs we may apply, subject to their use would be usage of the telephone at France Telecom rates for calls, line rental and usage of the internet at a cost of 10€ per week and the loss of or non return of keys.
Should a cancellation be received after 3 months prior to the start date, the deposit will be non returnable.
Whilst we have our insurance cover in force in respect of our house and contents, this will not cover personal items belonging to clients who would be well advised to take out their own insurance cover.
The property known as l'Hirondelle, 3, rue Franklin, 34310 Capestang is offered for holiday rental by Mike & Mavis Meehan (the owners) to the renter (the client) under the following conditions
1. All prices quoted are weekly and are fixed on an annual basis, following receipt of a deposit of 10% or £150
and booking form. Following receipt of the deposit and booking form, the owners will send confirmation and
statement. This is formal acceptance of the booking.
2. The deposit is not normally refundable in the event of cancellation. However, if notice of cancellation is received sufficiently early for the owners to be able to re-let the accommodation at full price, the deposit will be refunded. The booking may not be transferred to a third party without the express written permission of the owners and the written acceptance of the new client of the terms and conditions of booking. Clients are recommended to take out holiday insurance cover to provide for full reimbursement in the event of cancellation due to illness and also to provide full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc, which are not covered by the owners' insurance.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the letting period. If payment is not received by the due date the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled and the initial deposit forfeited. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. Once full payment has been received no refunds will be allowed under any circumstances.
4. A security deposit of £150 is required to cover any damage to the property or its contents, or any cleaning necessary at the end of the letting period, together with any charges for the telephone and/or internet charges at standard France Telecom/Orange rates for calls and line rental, plus the none return of keys. The level of the deposit does not limit the client's liability to the owners in the event of serious damage or loss. The balance due will be refunded within 2 months of the end of the letting period.
5. The rental period will commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day.
6. The number of people occupying the property must not exceed that stated on the booking form
7. The client agrees to take good care of the property and not to act in any way that causes disturbance to residents in neighbouring properties. Clients are expected to leave our house in the same condition as they found it, fully cleaned and tidy and ready for the next occupants.
8. The owners will not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, or garden; For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners; For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such event the owners shall, within seven days of notification to the client, return to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
9. Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
10. The use of accommodation and amenities such as garden and the spa pool is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to any member of a client's party or loss or damage to a client's motor vehicle or belongings.
11. The owners also accept no liability if electrical items and sports equipment provided for the enjoyment of guests become damaged and cannot be repaired or replaced before the arrival of the next guests.
12. Outdoor areas are provided in which the occupants can relax and enjoy outdoor meals.