L'Hirondelle - Our Home
L'Hirondelle is French for the swallow.These birds visit the Capestang and the surrounding area each summer to rear their families and can often be seen performing their aerobatics against the backdrop of an azure sky.
This not just a house, it is also our French home,where we live when we are in France. To this end we spent over 4 years in respect of the design, renovation and equipping our home to the highest possible standards within our means in the firm belief that what makes us happy will also make you happy.
Our house is mostly stone built and terraced. Having good modern insulation it is comparatively cool in the summer and warm in the winter. This is augmented by reversible heating and cooling to the main living area and the three bedrooms. A wood burning stove gives added heat and comfort in the coldest months.
Living Area:-It is built on two floors with the ground floor being mainly open plan, consisting of a front porch, then a spacious lounge/diner extending into the kitchen giving a spacious living area. In here there is an HD multi channel flat screen satellite and local TV. The TV receives French Terrestrial and UK FreeSat Channels. In addition to this we also have a DVD player/recorder so on the rare rainy day you will always be able to keep the kids amused! An audio centre is also available which will allow you play your own music via a memory stick plugged into a USB point or CD's. A wood burning stove for the colder months, a comfortable 3 piece suite and book shelves with a selection of books covering all interests. In the dining area there is a dining table with 6 chairs and also a sideboard.
Garage:-There is an integral garage, large enough to accommodate most makes of car. At the rear of the garage there is the laundry area with a washing machine. There is a downstairs toilet with a wash basin with a rear porch area.
Kitchen:-The spacious kitchen is fully equipped and includes an electric cooker, dish washer, fridge freezer, micro wave oven and a granite surface work top.
Rear Garden / Terrace:-To the rear of our house there is an outdoor terraced area with a barbeque and garden furniture to allow for outdoor eating and beyond this a garden which is gravelled, set out with citrus and olive trees, herbs and pleasant flower borders, with a spa pool in addtion.
Second floor - Main Bedroom:-After mounting the stairs to the second floor there is firstly a double bedroom furnished with a pair of single beds, built in wardrobes with ample hanging and storage space.
Main bathroom:-From here the next room is the main bathroom which is quite large and has a tub, shower, wash basin and a W/C.
Second Bedroom:-The next bedroom is also fitted with built in ample sized wardrobes. It has twin beds and an en suite shower room with a shower, wash basin and W/C.
Third Bedroom:-The final bedroom is furnished with a double bed and again ample sized built in wardrobes and drawer space.
The beams have been left exposed throughout the second floor and in the single storey kitchen giving high ceilings and a pleasing ambience.
In the roof there are two electrically controlled Velux skylights allowing addition daylight to the stairs and upstairs landing.
In the bathroom there is a heated towel rail which can also be used to provide heat.
The domestic hot water system is heated via solar panels on the roof feeding a 300 litre tank.
We also have a telephone and internet access with Wi-Fi.
Gallery of The House
L'Hirondelle - The House - Summary
- village house
- A newly renovated Maison de Village in charming village next to Le Canal du Midi with garden, BBQ, spa pool and air conditioning - ideal for families
- Private swimming pool
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Dish washer
- Washing machine
- Cooking utensils
- Room for 6 in the living room
- Room for 6 in the dining room
- Wood burning stove
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- 1 double bed(s).
- 2 twin bed(s).
- 1 en-suite.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Room for up to 6 people.
Entertainment & facilities
- DVD player/recorder
- Satellite / Cable plus French Terrestrial
- Audio Centre - plays CD's and has USB point
- Outgoing Calls
- Quiet area.
- Spa pool
- Patio area
- External lighting
- Not suitable for pets
- Suitable for wheelchairs ( But depending on degree of disability - for instance there is no wheel chair access to first floor, though it can be gained to ground floor. )
- Smoking is allowed in this property
Local activities & attractions
- Water skiing
- Boat hire
- Wind surfing
- Mountain biking
- Horse riding
- Sports centre
- Cinema / Theatre
- Theme park
- Food shop
- Bouledrome and tennis courts in village Le canal du Midi where Cyc les & boats available for hire
- Supermarché, shops & bank - 3 bars + 5 restaurants. Roman & Cathar attractions. Le Canal du Midi.
- A wood burning stove in the lounge will keep you comfy during the autumn winter and spring evenings when it is cooler. High quality velux windows in the roofs let additional light into the living areas, making our house light and airy. A spa pool and air conditioning will help keep you cool during the very hot periods. Satellite TV will help you to keep up to date with your favourite UK programs